We Want to Reduce Our Oracle Support Costs
Oracle stubbornly remains one of the costliest IT vendors for companies of all sizes. Despite years of effort by procurement and IT executives to achieve cost reductions, paying too much for Oracle support remains their #1 complaint.
Oracle remains in control despite their aggressive sales tactics, license audits, vague policies, and confusing contracts. While you try to reduce your costs, Oracle’s goal is to increase your costs by 300-400%. If you are going to take control and reduce your Oracle spend, now is the time to do it.
Palisade Compliance has more than 200 years of Oracle experience on-staff . Our team of experts worked at Oracle and created and/or implemented many of the Oracle support policies in effect today!
We’ve used this experience to build a unique process designed to help you reduce your Oracle costs, and protect those savings from Oracle encroachment. It’s one thing to save money this year; it’s another thing to save money for the long term.
“Palisade takes a long-term approach to reducing Oracle support costs.”
Palisade’s Strategy for Oracle Support Cost Reduction
Our clients succeed by following this process:
1. Stop spending more money with Oracle
- Many people overlook this, working hard to reduce Oracle support costs, while failing to challenge Oracle in new purchases. They then complain about “surprises” in the Oracle deal.
- Oracle often agrees to concessions in one area, knowing that they will recover their concession either on a separate deal, or through a later audit and big payday from customer non-compliance.
2. Reduce your existing support payments to Oracle
- This is the only tactic that most advisors offer, because the others interfere with their agendas.
- Palisade offers 13 models to reduce Oracle support costs, and many of these are unique to Palisade.
- Oracle policies are designed to defeat common procurement methodologies. For example, while other software vendors reward the consolidation of spend, Oracle policies result in increasing costs with consolidation.
3. Protect your savings from Oracle
- Tragically, some of the largest cost savings programs run aground when the Oracle customer deploys their strategy, only to be informed by Oracle that they have violated an unpublished policy, and now owe substantially more money.
- Oracle challenges are often by way of license audits. When Oracle audits in the wake of “good faith” advice from an Oracle reseller or competitor, these advisors then refuse to engage and defend the customer. Palisade is unique in that we advise, and then stand behind this advice with our Oracle audit defense services.
- More subtle challenges include “soft audits”. Vigilance is required to preserve Oracle support cost savings over 3-5 years.
Want help with a proven strategy for reducing your Oracle support costs? Ask our Oracle experts – we’re ready to help you.